All of our research is overseen by the following groups to ensure it is relevant, useful and of the highest standard.
Research user group
Our research user group is made up of lay individuals representing people with a broad range of musculoskeletal diseases.
They are either living with such a condition themselves or caring for someone who does.
Scientific advisory board
The board is a multi-disciplinary group of scientists with expertise across each of our research themes.
Board members include:
- Dr James Galloway, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Professor Til Stürmer, Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Professor Tjeerd van Staa, The University of Manchester
- Professor Annette Boaz, Kingston University London
- Professor Maarten Boers, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Research advisory group
The group includes leaders in their respective fields with a remit to help shape our research priorities within our existing strategy, and help guide and facilitate the implementation of our research.
Advisory group members include:
- Neil Snowden (Chair), Consultant Rheumatologist, Pennine MSK Partnership
- Mike Backhouse, NIHR Research Fellow, University of Leeds and President of British Health Professionals in Rheumatology
- Patrick Batty, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
- Benjamin Ellis, Senior Clinical Policy Advisor, Versus Arthritis
- Caroline Wallis, Chair of the Centre for Musculoskeltal Research User Group
- Carolyn Gamble, Vice-chair of the Centre for Musculoskeltal Research User Group
- Sahena Haque, Consultant Rheumatologist, University Hospital of South Manchester
- Alison Kent, Rheumatology Specialist Nurse and Department Manager, Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
- Peter Lanyon, Consultant Rheumatologist, Queen's Medical Centre Nottingham; Chair, NHS England Clinical Reference Group for Specialised Rheumatology; President of the British Society for Rheumatology
- Carole Longson, Director, Centre for Health Technology Evaluation, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Flora McErlane, Consultant in Paediatric Rheumatology, Great North Children's Hospital, Newcastle
- Alan Nye, GPwSI Rheumatology, Executive Director, Pennine MSK Partnership
- Ravi Rao, VP Medicines Development Leader and Head Unit Physician, Immuno-inflammation Therapy Area Unit Research and Development, GlaxoSmithKline