Harnessing digital data
Our innovative research seeks to advance the use of digital data in epidemiology.
We do this by:
- Unlocking routinely collected electronic health record data to support musculoskeletal research.
- Linking datasets to address new questions and improve the precision of estimates.
- Using smartphones and wearable devices to collect data direct from patients, including symptoms, physical activity and behaviour.
- Harnessing online patient communities.
- Exploring digital interventions for self-management and behaviour change.